Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sheriff Office: Part 4 - Wanted Posters

As I am typing this, I just finished the Old Glory Sheriff Office. I glued on the doors, windows, and jail bars. I also added some wanted posters. I'm letting all the glues dry before I start snapping some photos of the building.

For now, I thought I'd show a tip for wanted posters. John Leahy kindly sent me a pdf of 25mm wanted posted he made a while back for The Rules With No Name. I printed them out and followed his instructions for making them look older. Any tan paint highly thinned will do. You can see the difference. Just slop it on and dry with a blow dryer.

Also, if you don't want to glue the posters to your buildings, a teeny bit of blue tack will hold them in place no problem. I did this for some of the posters just to get a feel for how they would look. You can then change and move the posters as needed.

Next time, finished photos of the building.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry, Noah, but it looks like the posters got deleted and I can't find them. :-(

      Delete

Sadly, I have to approve all comments to weed out nasty spammers.